Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The sun makes an apperance

Hello to all at home. Today is e Wednesday August the 3rd. The sun deceided to make an apperance this morning. I think the highlight of each day so far has been playing with the orphans. There is this little girl named Gatia, she is so cute. I have been spending a lot of time with her at the orpha. The first day we played tag and took lots of pictures. Yesterday I taught the craft lesson and taught most of the children at the orpha how to make gimp. They seemed to have a really good time playing with the gimp. There is this one little girl who loved having her picture taken. She would pose for each picture. smiling in one, then swiping her hair to the side for the next, then putting her hand on her hip for the next. She Really loved having her picture taken! The hardest part so far has been the rain. I slipped in a big puddle while walking to my room and landed with a big splash. I had to change my clothes which was not a problem. My bag was the only big bag that came on the small plane with us. They had put books for the pastors conference in my bag so it had to come on the plane so it would be here for Monday. That just shows that God was looking out for me. The rest of the luggage arrived late last night so now everyone has there bags. Thank you for praying. My Dad and my brother Owen are leaving for Jamica today. Please keep them and their team in your prayers as well.( I am praying for them too!) The food so far has been yummy! Last night we had fresh shrimp and rice. It was the best so far! Everyone is staying healthy and sends their love to those at home.
Hannah Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment