Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 18th

Hello to all,
Sorry it has been so long since I have written. I am doing well. I just had some prolonged issues with the internet. I apparently also had some issues with my email list because some of you were not getting my updates. I hope that has been resolved as well. Time here is passing quickly. Renee has already been in the states for 3 weeks and Danielle and I have settled into a pretty good routine. We are so grateful for the local ladies that come to work everyday. Without them this would be so much more difficult if not impossible. We have much to be thankful this week as we think of all of you back home preparing for Thanksgiving. Just a few of them are:
1) So far everything has been peaceful as the country prepares for the upcoming election.
2) with the exception of a cold, I am healthy and the kids are all improving day by day.
3) We have amazing help in the local community that come and work with us everyday
4) we have had opportunities to share the gospel and plant many seeds
5)Internet is back up
6) a bible study has been formed by many of the missionaries working in the area. We are meeting every Tuesday.
7) Church has been AMAZING!
8) I have had tremendous support, encouragement and love from home.
9) Just in the short time we have been here, we have already sent 4 kids back to their homes in good health, and brought another 6 here with 3 more expected in the next few days.
10)Although we will not be eating Turkey with you all on Thursday, we will have plenty to eat, a very comfortable place to stay, and the chance to share God's love with 10 lovely kids and two Moms.
Oh yes, and one more thing I am really thankful for is WARM WEATHER!!! I am truly sorry for any of you who might be cold as you are reading this. But I must tell you I am warm and even on the days it rains it is still warm enough to run around in short sleeves!
I would love to hear from you and know how things are going back in the states. Many of you have big things happening in your lives and I am dying for some details! To everyone back at VBC know that I am missing worshiping with you.
If you did not get any of my previous updates let me know and I will try to resend them.
Love to all,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment