Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last night in Uganda

Well tonight is my last night in Uganda. What a day it has been. We got two new kids today..twins. They are very small but pretty healthy considering they are malnourished. Took two people to the hospital today. Packed. Said some sad goodbyes to friends I have bonded with. Said goodbye to all my babies which was really hard for me. Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off tonight but it is almost 11 and I am done for the night. A few short hours from now my adventure continues around the bend in the road. Where? I can not see just yet...the forest is thick and the road curves and I can not see. I am excited though. What wonderful things the Lord might have in store! My time here comes to a close with my heart filled with mixed emotions. I hate to leave but long to see my friends and family. There is so much to do here but my leaving has created a job for a Uganda nurse that began working this week. How wonderful that is! All I know for sure is that nearly every single day for weeks the Lord has been saying to me...DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW! So I really am not worried. I am just walking in today....right now that means walking in the other room and falling in my bed for a few short hours...and perhaps dream of the wonderful things God may have in store for me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment