Saturday, September 2, 2017

A study in Ephesians

Studying in Ephesians chapter 2 this morning. Some wonderful reminders for me this morning that I thought I would share.These statements are true for me today and for eternity because I claim Jesus as Lord of my life. Lord-meaning he has complete control . My life is no longer a democracy. He gets to make the decisions because as my creator, savior and redeemer, he alone knows what is best for me.
These can be true for you as well if you will only surrender your self to Him. Repent of living for yourself and remove yourself from the throne upon which he belongs......

I was dead in my transgressions and sins
I was a follower of the world
I was a follower of the ruler of the kingdom of the air
I was disobedient
I was gratifying my sinful nature
I was an object of God's wrath
I was separated from  Christ
I was excluded and a foreigner
I was without hope
I was far away
I was without God

But thanks be to God, because of His great love for me and His AMAZING GRACE I can now say
I am made alive with Christ
I am saved by grace
I am raised with Christ
I am seated in the heavenly realms
I will be/have been shown incomparable riches of His grace expressed in His kindness
I am saved through faith
I am a recipient of God's most precious gift
I am not save by works
I am unable to boast
I am created in Christ
I am not a mistake
I am part of Gods plan
I am in Christ
I am brought near through the blood of Christ
I am reconciled to God.
I am provided access to the Father
I am a fellow citizen with God's people
I am a member of God's household
I am a citizen of God's kingdom
I am a dwelling place for God's spirit.

None of this is true because of anything I can do or earn. It is only by His grace, His sacrifice and His undeserved love.
I am undone!


No comments:

Post a Comment