Saturday, January 5, 2019

January 2019

I always wonder what to blog about. Does anyone even read these? It often seems like vanity to think anyone is even interested in what I may have to say. This time of year everyone else is blogging about what they did in 2018. Reflecting. I guess it is only natural. As I think back I am truly amazed at the faithfulness of God. I can see his hand at work in my life and in the lives around me.

I am thankful for the amazing friendships he has brought into my life. And for the existing friendships he has help me maintain despite thousands of miles of distance between us. I am in awe and how he has faithfully provided for my safety, my health, and my finances. I have also seen his faithfully provide for others too. For jobs at just the right time, friendships to fill lonely moments, finances when all seemed lost, new homes and new babies. For church families to stand with those in difficult times and let them know they are not alone. Love poured out on those around them, so they might know there is one in heaven that loves them more.

It is still a mystery to me that out of everyone in the world he has chosen me to be a part of what occurs here on this ship. His faithfulness is on display daily as we see one life after another transformed physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is a work that we can assist in as he allows, but ultimately work only He can accomplish. Only he can heal bodies, hearts and broken spirits.

Over the year he has allowed me to learn new skills in my jobs , while being exposed to things I have never seen. He has stretched my physical endurance, and taught me to trust him more each day. I have had the blessing of diving deeper into God's word and learning more about his character and His plans for me and those around me. I have laughed, cried, celebrated and mourned. It has been an amazing year. I have felt love from distant lands and distant friends, many of whom I have not seen in years, and yet they have come along side me in spirit and love and helped me through this year.

The year ahead is unknown. Yet I know I can trust in the One who holds it all. Nothing will be a surprise to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment