Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Supplies

Everyone asked before I went what was needed here and I had no clue. Well now I have a bit of a clue. The interesting part is getting it here. The answer to that is not easy. For things that can be bought here or in Kampala that is usually the better route because shipping is expensive and not always reliable. If there are teams coming or one of us is traveling back and forth ( like Renee is in December) then it is best to get with her Mom Lauri in Bedford, VA and try to pay to have an extra suitcase sent with a traveler. It is expensive - around 100 dollars or so, but usually the most reliable way to be sure something arrives. So, all that being said, here is a list of some of the things I have noticed in the few weeks I have been here.

Flour sack towels
Kitchen towels
bath towels
single flat sheets and pillow cases
duct tape
Clorox wipes
diaper rash cream
simethicone drops
disposable gloves
BABY WIPES (they run about 4-6 bucks a pack here)
cloth diapers
fuzzy buns diapers in ex small and size 1
infant and toddler clothes especially onesies and sleepers
empty spray bottles for cleaning
a few small squeegees
alcohol swabs
triple antibiotic cream like neosporin
kitchen stick matches
paring knives
hand sanitizer (a small bottle here is about 6 dollars)
cheap sunglasses are a neat thing that can be given out to local motor scooter drivers as a gift. It really blesses them and helps protect their eyes. I really don't know how they live without them, but few have them.
large candles for when the power goes out - which can happen frequently.

I am sure that there are a great many things she could use but these are just a few of the things that I have noticed since I have arrived.

Thanks for your prayers. I am missing you all.
Love Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment