Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday the 26th

Hi,
I know you are probably wondering how my Christmas was. Well I will spare you the gorry details, but lets just say I woke up sick and stayed close to my bed and bathroom all day. Kind of a bummer. I guess I just was not supposed to eat holiday food this year. That is okay though, for it gave me many hours in bed to read and rest.

Today however has been great. I woke up feeling much better and well rested. Then I was granted the privelage of taking my young neighbor girl to chuch once again. She is 15 and a muslim and has been showing great intrest in knowing more about Jesus. This was her third time at church with me. We had a great time. I also had the joy of giving her an English Bible that she had requested. A friend help me to find one that was just perfect for a 15 year old girl. It is pink and black and small enough to fit in a very small bag. Please join me in prayer that the words in that book will bring forth truth and light in her life. And the lives of her family. It could very well be that she alone is the reason that the Lord has brought me to Africa for this time. I dont even pretend to know, but I am thrilled to get to be part of her getting to know about Jesus.

The afternoon was quiet. Most of the babies here were napping and we have several gone visiting home for the holiday. Once the babies were up we played on the veranda and just spent time hanging out with the kids. Now we are waiting for supper to be ready, then it will be bath time and bedtime. The days pass so quickly here. It is amazing how fast time goes. One minute it is 8 in the morning and you are trying to finish breakfast and the next minute it is bedtime and you are hanging mosquito nets over the cribs and saying prayers with all the babies.

I hope you had a wonderful white Christmas. I am guessing from the church notices I got that you in fact did. Stay warm and keep in touch.

Feeling good,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment