Saturday, December 4, 2010

what is that smell?

So a funny thing happened yesterday. Our day guard Charles comes to me and says.."Auntie, I have a problem". Turns out the problem is his 5 year old son. He says he has a bean in his nose. So I calmly have him sit on out kitchen table which puts him a little more than waist high for me and I grab a penlight. I look in his nostril but dont see anything. So I tell Charles that. He talks to his son a bit and then says, it is there, just higher. So again I take my handy dandy penlight and look in his nose. This time pushing the end of his nose up a bit tword his forehead. BEHOLD THE BEAN. Just beyond the small opening at the top of his nostril I can see the bottom of a red and white kidney bean just sitting there hanging out. A few minutes and a few giggles later I was able to painlessly extract the bean using my tweezers. I must say he was a very good patient who did not move when told to be still and not one tear was shed. I wish everyday could be so easy! Thank the Lord I brought my tweezers!
Love and miss you
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment