Thursday, April 20, 2017

It matters to them

So some days I catch myself wondering, does what I am doing here matter. Understand, I am not in the OR everyday, I rarely see the patients. My job here is to care for the crew. It is very similar to what I do back home. I currently work M-F with weekends off and feel quite spoiled So I try to evaluate my situation and make sure I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. The answer is clearly yes. Not just what I do, but each individual on the ship and on the dock. The men who work on the vehicles and the engineers who purify our drinking water. The cooks, the supply people and the people who clean the toilets and showers. Each one helps to make the whole possible. Today I was looking at photos that are from the screening that occurs at the beginning of each field service in each country the ship goes to. The need and desperation can be overwhelming. It is for these, the least of them, that we do what we do. It matters to them. Because I saw a cut finger, a stomach ache and a sore throat today, tomorrow, another handful of people will have a life changing encounter. I don't have to stand next to the surgeon to make that possible, and neither do you. To each of you that helped me get here, those who prayed while I was making the decision, those who gave, those who continue to pray and support me with notes from home, those who look in on my Mom, a deep and heartfelt thank you. It matters to me, and it matters to them.









Matthew 25:40
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

1 comment:

  1. And when you think of the ripple effects of each back stage person NOT being there to do their part it becomes impossible for the main actors to do theirs. But most of all it matters to the Father that we are obedient to His calling. Back stage work is humbling and awesome at the same time! Love you and your commitment!!!!!
    Continued prayers, Peggy Larson

    ReplyDelete