Saturday, April 22, 2017

keeping it real.

So today is just an ordinary day. It is Saturday and I am sick. The bug going around has finally caught me and I have had a few rough days. Just feel weak and run down. No energy. scratchy throat and head congestion. Nothing too horrible. Small  fevers overnight. I only need to walk down the hall from my clinic to my room for a perspective check. I go right past the hospital and I am quickly reminded my problems is insignificant and minor. But up here on deck six, sitting on the couch, I am just me. Feeling blah, having no voice and I just want to sit around and do nothing.
However, move I must. Daily living calls. laundry must be done, cabin needs to be kept "ship shape", and I need to find  a screwdriver . I have a chair in my room that was delivered almost 2 weeks ago that still needs to be put together. Who knew it  would be so hard to find a screwdriver on a ship.
I know that they exist. I know engineering must have lots of them. It  is just the logistics of finding the right person at the right time to make it happen. silly huh?
So just an ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment