Saturday, January 8, 2011

A new Year and a new house

So a new year has come and I am half way through my assignment in Uganda. It has been a tale of two cities the whole time. The best of times and the worst of times. Anyone reading my updates knows. Well I am hoping with the new year the worst of times has left and the best of times remains.

I am starting the new year in a new home. My friend Tonya who lives just a few houses a way from us has given me space in her home and I am loving it! This is freeing up space at the SHC house for more babies. In fact we have gotten 3 new kids in the last 3 days.

What can I say about my new place. It is AMAZING! I am so spoiled. I am living upstairs and have my own room. An incredible view of Lake Victoria, a scorching hot shower, and a lovely breeze that comes through my room most of the time.

The best part is my new roomy Tonya and I spend a good deal of time praying, worshiping and just sitting around talking about the things of the Lord. It is really wonderful. She is helping to fill a large void in my life that had been left in the absence of my friends in the burg and Radford.

This morning I woke up before my alarm, to the sound of birds and roosters. A cool breeze blowing through the window, and streams of golden Ugandan sun coming through the window. It was lovely. I stumbled down the stairs got my coffee and got back in bed with my coffee and bible for at least a half an hour. It was a great way to start the day!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers this week. I love and miss you more than you know.I am praying for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment