Sunday, January 30, 2011

pictures and prayer
















Hi everyone,
So today is Sunday and it is a good day so far. A little quieter than most so I have an extra few minutes to blog. I am posting some random pictures from the trip so far and have a pray request.
The prayer request is that you would pray for my back. For about a month now I have had a very hard time with my back. It is on the oposite side as usual, so I am not sure what is going on. The MD thinks it is sciatica, the chiropracter which I have seen a couple of times thinks it is muscular. I think it might be more spiritual. Whatever it is the pain is very real and at times it is hard to even get out of bed. I am doing exercises, taking more medicine than I would like and have seen little improvement. So I am asking you to really pray. It is hard to continue to do what I have been called here to do, working with this pain. It is hard to sit, especially on a motorcycle which is the main transport here and I have not slept through the night in over a month. I thank you in advance for joining me in prayer in this and believing for a full recovery.
Now for the pictures.
There is a picture of the view of Lake Victoria just a few steps from my house. It is basically the same view I have from my balcony.
Me holding the puppy that Renee picked out of the road on her way home. It was only two days old and had to be bottle fed. Is now in a good home.
One is Andrew mopping the veranda African style, which he did well.
One is the neighborhood kids helping move furniture when the night guard moved into his new house. Gotta love it!

And last but not least is a photo of a very happy Carol holding her new English Bible.





No comments:

Post a Comment