Friday, October 13, 2017

French Korean?

Hi there,
I know it has been a while since I wrote. I have been posting blogs most of the time and not using email. I guess I should be doing both so no one gets left out. I have been doing well and am amazed at how quickly time is passing. We have just completed our Orthopedic section of surgery today. That means all the crooked legs are fixed for this year and they will now spend the remainder of their time here healing. Other surgeries continue and I will write more about those soon. Sadly that means a fairly large chunk of crew will be leaving. One surgeon and one of the nurses I have been friends with left this morning. It is the one really difficult part of life here. Really great people come but often only for a couple of months. The come for what ever surgery specialty they are trained in.  They may return again year after year to be part of what happens here. It is always hard to  say farewell.

I have had some fun times including a nice dinner out at a Korean restaurant a few nights ago. The food was amazing but it was strange to be in a Korean restaurant with a menu only in French. A fun memory.

I am also writing to ask for prayer on the following points:
1) Several good friends of mine are struggling through very challenging times right now. I am far away and it makes it hard for me to feel helpful. I am praying but ask that you would too. Especially for Lori who has still not been able to find a new roommate. She really needs a break though soon.
2) On the ship we have several crew members that have had to fly home for medical reasons.  We are hoping they will not be gone long but it has caused families to be separated which is never easy.

3) For the health of the ship. We have had several nasty viruses going through the ship. I had one already and am very hopeful to not get the other. It has been hard on the sick and on the healthy who must work harder while the others are down. After all the show must go on. :)
4) Continued prayer for my Mom who is doing well at this time. Praise God!

5) For the love and light of God to continue to be lifted up not only on the ship but all across the country of Cameroon.

6) For peace and cool heads for Cameroonians demonstrated in other parts of the country. It has not effected us here at the ship other than restricting travel, but has been bad in other areas and lives have been lost. Pray for it to stop and for the love of Christ to become known.

7) For personal finances. My crew finances are doing well but my personal are a bit lacking if I am hoping to come home this summer.

Know that I miss you and think of you often. Time Zones often mess up my plans to call. I try to write when I can but the list is long for sure.
I am keeping you in prayer as I ask you to pray for me.

for King and Kingdom,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment