Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Elections and prayer

Well we are just 3 days away from the Ugandan election. It was a long and prayerful time of decision for me, but I have decided to stay. I still believe that this is where I am called for this season, and I don't believe that I can let fear of what might happen stop me from being here. I was recently reminded that "Self-preservation is not our chief end." It is one thought that has not left my mind since I read it. It was a well timed reminder during a time I was listening hard for God to speak. That along with many other things helped me to arrive at my decision to stay. So far things here are very quiet, well peaceful is a better word. Quiet is not. The campaigning here is very different from America. There are no annoying TV commercials to turn down. Instead there are numerous trucks and meetings throughout the village with many loud speakers so it can be heard everywhere in the village. It continues throughout the day and late into the night, which is why quiet is not a good description. I am very ready for it to be over. Please pray for Uganda, the people, for a peaceful process, and all of us here at Serving His Children in the next few days. We would like nothing more than for the election to come and go without so much as a ripple in the water.
Other things you can pray for are continued and improving health for the children. We received 5 new admissions in the last week. They seem to have stabilized but as usual their journey to health will be neither fast or easy. Strength for our Director Renee as she bears the brunt of decision making and responsibility for all the happens here. Wisdom and Clarity for Danielle and I as we preform the tasks we have been called here for, and begin the decision making process of what to do next. Thank you for standing with us as we attempt to take ground for our Lord and King. May his name be lifted high in dark places!
Walking by Faith,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment