Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feb 10th 2011

Wow time is flying. The election is just 8 days away. My mind is swirling, and I really need to hear from God. Today was a hard day. I spent a big part of it sitting in a clinic with a really sick kid waiting.....that's it just waiting and waiting and waiting. Meanwhile, my flesh began to crawl off the alter once again and rose up and took over my mind for a bit. I was so frustrated! I was frustrated with almost every aspect of Africa today. I was irritated that it seems that NO WHERE in this country is anything ever URGENT!! You go into a hospital with a child who is in severe respiratory distress and it take 2 HOURS to get them on oxygen. You take another to a clinic for a ultrasound on what could be a acute abdominal problem and they wait for hours behind routine cases. Arrrgh! Nothing is every fast and nothing is ever urgent. You jump through hoops to get a blood sample from a child who hardly has any veins or blood running in them only to have the lab misplace the results and so you wait for hours for them to be found because no one thinks it merits being in a hurry to find them. Yes I know I am being very American right now, and I know it does not work or fit here in Africa, but sometimes your flesh takes over and you just have to vent a little. So then ...here comes the Holy Spirit. Uh oh. Reminding me it is my job to be patient, and kind and loving. Especially when no one else in the room is doing so. Reminding me that his timing is perfect. Reminding me that he is in control and I do not have to try and rush things, or control things. Reminding me that he knew all the events of today and how long they would take and how they would play out and that I can trust him with all of it. Hmmmm What a good and FAITHFUL Father I have. Even in the midst of me throwing my mental tantrum he comes and meets with me and speaks calm into the storm. How fortunate I am that he came and found me when I was wandering so far from the flock, lost in the darkness. How blessed I am that everyday he gives me new chances to better learn the sound of His voice and respond to it. Hmmmm. And so I end the day over my fit, convicted, repented, tired and worn out, ready for another day tomorrow if He so chooses to allow me one. Grateful beyond words that His mercies are new everyday. How cool is it that when and if I open my eyes tomorrow I start with a fresh clean slate?

No comments:

Post a Comment