Friday, February 4, 2011

So today is Friday..the last few days have gone by in a blur. I was off on Tuesday and on my way home from the market when I came across a man who had wrecked his boda. There were like 40 people sitting around looking at him but no one was helping him. So I stopped ( sorry mom and Carl for stopping in a crowd of people) to see if I could help. He looked to have a broken leg and wrist, so I helped arrange to have him taken to the hospital we use for all of our kids. I followed along on my boda and helped to get him settled. Well this hospital is not free and boda drivers do not make too much so in the end I committed to paying his hospital bill. Not a big deal right. Wrong...Two days later and two failed attempts at setting his wrist, today he went for surgical correction. His leg by the way, not broken after all. Praise the Lord for that. So as of now, he is out of surgery and doing well. I will be back at the hospital in the morning to check on him again.
Several cool things about this story. 1) A few days before this happen I received unexpected finances from America. Because of this I will be able to pay for his surgery which is already over one and half million shillings. ( about 750 American dollars)
2) I have had multiple opportunities to share about Christ with him, his family, his friends and the Muslim staff at the hospital who all are having a hard time believing that I would pay so much money and make repeated trips to the pharmacy and hospital for a man I do not even know. They have asked me over and over ..."you really do not know this man?" "Why are you doing this for him?" which opens the door wide to share about Christ and his love for us and his command to love one another. So for all of you out there that sent finances in the last few months....THANK YOU for making it possible to share the word!

You may pray that this man J heals well and that the Lord will provide for his family in the next 6 weeks as he heals. He will be unable to work as a boda driver with a cast on his arm.

Pray also for the kids in the house as they continue on their journey towards health. Several are on antibiotics right now, two are on IV's and one had to have a blood transfusion today due to anemia brought on by Malaria. That being said most of them are doing pretty well right now. Thanks to all for your commitment to pray and stand with us as we serve. May the name of Jesus Christ be lifted high and shine brightly in the darkness.

One last thing...please pray for the upcoming elections on Feb 18th. Pray that they will take place peacefully without and problems God will put a man of integrity and compassion for his country in place.

Loving it but missing you,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment